Friday 25 March 2011

Hoodie's Home

I finished the little chair I was playing with and then Donna of Doings of Doone reminded me that the little Hoodie doll she had made was designed to hang so I might have a few problems with her sitting in a chair...
So I thought I would make her a little school room to reside in.. and she will be atatched to a hook in the ceiling so will hopefully sit up nice and straight like a good school girl... ;)
so made sure there was a blackboard and a school clock... and in deference to her origins added a little easel and canvas so that she has a well rounded education!
added her name to the wall with some alphabet stickers underneath..
made her some books so that she doesn't get bored...
The papers are all from Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934 range which seemed to suit the schoolroom perfectly and I used the offcuts of foam board from my light box project to make the 'school room'.

11 comments:

  1. wow Annette, this is... AMAZING... all those ickle details... tis perfect, can't wait to see Hoodie in her new home! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super place for Hoodie to live.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fab, can't wait to see Hoodie in her new home.
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is wow! I have been visting your blog for a long time but this is my first comment. I think the stuff you create is amazing, so thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA the school room is amazing, Kruger is gonna HATE it...she isnot fond of discipline, but I see she is goning to a place where she willlearn to be a fully rounded human being,

    hope the bell sounds and she gets to go to a play room too....

    just off to try one more place for wooden cotton reels if no success she arrives alone, but I did put two packs of sweetex dispensers in with her...

    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm totally impressed with this room. I couldn't believe this came from off-cuts from your light box. You did a super job with "walls," "floor," and all the details that went into the room. What a wonderful set of papers that added so much to the room. And of course the chair looks perfectly distressed. There is SO much going on in the room, and I know Kruger will find a perfect home there.

    BTW, I have no idea what the flowers are, either. I just thought they would fit the challenge theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I mean. erm, wow!! Love all the little details. And to think, all the time you've being doing this, I've been cleaning. Yep, my Mum and Dad are coming and that keeps me away from my desk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing! She will definitely be occupied though from what I've read she's far from a good girl :D

    My Ehrmelia is still very shy but sitting on my shelf next to a very naughty word so methinks she has a bit of fire in her belly too *g* I'll have to take pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, isso é muito lindo!A cadeira com livros é perfeita!
    Abraços
    Marlei

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is just too cool, love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)