Sunday 21 March 2010

Birthday Blog Hop!!

Good Morning and Happy Blog Hopping.... oh and Happy Birthday Rebekah!!  Hope the new puppy hasn't christened too many carpets....
So... if you turned up here from Rebekah's blog, you will know what this is all about... of course, if you just happened upon me perhaps I should explain!!
Rebekah is celebrating her birthday with a blog hop with classes and tutorials and you really should check them out.... I have a list of things I want to try and am cursing the fact that I am teaching both the Saturday and Sunday of the blog hop and will have to spend the rest of the week catching up with all the lovely things I have seen and want to try.

To start your day off I thought I would give you a clipboard to play with, they are always handy things to have about the house and even make nice gifts! I have used some Amy Butler papers for this one, nice and bright and springlike... so hopefully your weather is the same.
First of all I centred the floral paper onto the clipboard and glued it down.  Then I made a frame from the striped paper.  The way to get lovely corners that totally match is to square the papers overlapping them at the corners.  It helps to use repositional Herma or similar to hold the corners in place.  Slice through both sheets of paper to form the join and then remove the two extra cut outs... your join is perfect.  Now you can use DST and a glue stick to adhere them to the clipboard.
Here is a close up of the corner, I added some buttons... and call me weird but if I use buttons on a project, I have to have thread in them!!
The chipboard flowers were some I had in a kit many moons ago... really lurid nasty colours, so I covered them in matching paper and then did some faux stitching to make them stand out.  OK... hands up... I would normally use rikrak for the flower stems but I couldn't find my pale blue rikrak... so I used pale blue velvet ribbon instead and it actually looks alright!! LOL  I added some little leaf shapes to the stems and then covered a cheapy notepad with matching papers and tucked it into the clip.
Hope you enjoy it.... the next blog to hop over to is Kate Hatfield's.

13 comments:

  1. This is lovely Anette, thanks for sharing :D
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the birthday wishes Annette and for joining in today :) Love the clipboard x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant as ever Annette - thanks for the corner tip too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Annette, the colours are fantastic. Only thing is it looks too good to use!! :D *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful work! Now, about that purse mini album. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the funky colours you've used on this Annette! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fab project Annette! Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab colour choice ... and beautifully finished ... as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it, love it, love it. Great project Annette, thank you.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE it.... :-)Got some clipboards in a box somewhere.... MUST find!!!
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, fabulous clipboard!!! I have a plain one sraing at me right now and I can see it is crying out for a makeover!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)