Saturday 21 November 2009

Exploding Memory Boxes

The ladies in the compound decided they wanted to have a go at these... so its on the agenda for tomorrow.  Now, sitting at home in Scotland on a shelf in the scraproom are numerous versions of these that would have made life easy for me to take along as examples.... but its a long way to go for a memory box or two so I had to sit and make up a couple so they could get an idea what to do with them.

I kept the top of this quite simple and just added some bling and Glossy Accents with a little splash of Stickles to fancy it up.


Trimmed the edge with some daisy edging and blinged the centres... I was kind of hoping they might look like snowflakes... but they actually look like daisies with bling... some you win and some you don't! ;)


Here it is opened up with a few embellies and some heat embossing.


This is the second example... in my favourite colours and papers and I added tiny rosebuds, lace, vlevet ribbon and bling and little wired pearl beads.
 
Here is the whole box with the lace around the rim of the lid.


and this is it opened up with a large rose and pearls string with velevet ribbons.

15 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous. I've made a few in the past, but the lovely red/pink one you made gave me an idea for my SILs birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rose box, so stylish looking x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh they're going to love them. The rose box is my fave of the two...mostly because it woke me up tot he possibilities of using sdimensional stuff in the inside centre. doh!
    Thanks for your (wry) words about the ornament swap problem over at my place...have it figured now...total change on the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite is the rose one too. Love that beautiful lace around the outside. I must have a go at one of these :)

    Thank you for your lovely words about my Labyrinth bits. Everyone has been so generous in their comments, it's really taken me by surprise. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fab and I'm sure your ladies will enjoy every moment of creating their own versions of these.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Memory Boxes are just such fun to make, the ladies will love having a play when they see your samples... they're just lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful stuff hun ... really wonderful X

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these - the fun snowmen and the stylish roses. I really, really must try these - I usually just admire from afar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so beautiful! I love them both equally and I'm sure the ladies in the compound will too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The rose box is my favourite too! Love the vintage feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow what a beautiful boxes

    ReplyDelete
  12. how fun!!! is there a tutorial for that?! ;) hehe.

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)