Tuesday 26 May 2009

Scraproom Clipboard

As one of my Zutter's projects this month I had a go with the clipboard packs. I have to admit when I first got them out of the packaging I thought... no ways is my BIA going to go through this thickness! No probs though... it made pretty light work of it. I decided that two of them side by side would be on the large side so with my knife and metal ruler I cut one of the baords in half and then with my Crop-a-dile I punched holes to criss cross the ribbon to keep them together.

I made a BAI notebook so that I can scribble ideas or deadlines down when I think f them. I added some blue wooden beads to the 3/4" antique brass o'wire for decoration.

I altered a large peg to clip things I am using whilst working at the desk.

When I was in the little tat shop the other day I found these twin baskets and had one of those light bulb moments - perfect to hang off the bottom of the clipboard and take all the tools that I use all the time... just had to disguise that white plastic ugliness first!

I love it, it keeps stuff off my desk and I have something pretty to look at as a bonus. The papers are from the BasicGrey Boxer collection.

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Love how you disguised the baskets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh real inspiration! Even the beads on the O wire are a revelation to me, love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! Especially the large peg you have altered..think your work is great, i always check it out on UKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annette, I've been itching to get home from work so I could leave a comment (work PCs don't like blogs).

    This is such a fab idea and so useful - another winner.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just fab Annette-I saw it on the BG gallery-congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabness! Love the baskets, genius x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love the project!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your project, especially the beads on the spine. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well your project has me thinking. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic idea it looks so pretty and a great idea with the peg baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooh that is beautiful, i love it XX

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all your BIA projects I meen all you are someone I always pop in on and I will have to start making something but I have promised myself to get my sewing machine out this week so here I go and BIA next week maybe lol thanx again xx

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)